You may use Matlab or Octave to complete the labs and the project.
There are three options for Matlab:
- Download the UCD provided student version and install on your personal computer
- Start here: https://www.mathworks.com/academia/tah-portal/university-of-california-davis-589250.html
- Make a MathWorks account and then follow the download instructions.
- Use Matlab Online (instructions for accessing will be provided)
- Access the computer in the CAE lab remotely (this may be limited this quarter, I'm getting more info on this)
Octave is an open source clone of Matlab and has all of the features needed for this course. The software is free (forever) and can be installed on your computer. Download from https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/.